Techniques and projects for the complete beginner
Warning: Last items in stock!
|Size||210mm X 210mm|
This is the ultimate guide for the absolute beginner.
For those with little or no knitting experience, this simple-to-learn, project-based book will start with the basics and take you through the initial stages of this fun and creative craft.
Each technique is clearly explained and accompanied by a stylish project to make, so that you can put your newly acquired knowledge into practice.
Demonstrate your new skills to friends and family with designs that include a hobo bag, beanie hat or clutch bag Beginners will learn all the essentials, from how to hold needles, cast on and off, make a tension swatch and form the basic knit and purl stitches, to how to knit stripes, cable, rib and lace, plus shape their knitting and add buttonholes.
Clear step-by-step illustrations and beautifully shot photographs of the finished projects are included throughout, making it both practical and inspirational – the ideal book for want-to-be knitters!
• 9 techniques and 9 projects
• A pared-back guide, aimed at providing complete beginners with the essentials to get them started. Avoids overloading with more complicated information that can be off-putting
• At the front of the book, readers will find everything they need to know before they make their first stitch. This is followed by a clear, easy-to-use format of a step-by-step guide to a technique then a project to put the technique into practice
• Tips, advice and troubleshooting throughout
• Step-by-step instructions, illustrations and beautiful colour photography